Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2007年8月21日星期二

[English] God's Rx for Kingdom Faith (Sermon)



If God is like a pill, I would take it every single day. Would I believe that I will be healed? That’s the question that many Christians think every time they pray. Many of us complained. We prayed and prayed and prayed but nothing has changed!! Nothing happened!! I prayed that God would enter my family’s lives like He entered mine. I prayed for health, relationship and everything. Sometimes I want to yell, “ARE YOU LISTENING? WHY HAS THIS HAPPEN TO ME!?!?” Do we really believe Jesus can heal? Do we really believe miracles happened? I think most of us do but we don’t believe this would happen to us. I really enjoy this sermon series “God’s Rx.” It talks about Kingdom faith and the healing ministry. Our God is amazing! He loves his children so much. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve this amazing love and grace of Jesus Christ. I turned away from Him so many times and I did many unfaithful things but He never stopped loving me. He wants to be part of my life so much. He helped me dealing with lost of someone I love, with illness, with anything else I have to deal in my life. He really is amazing God.

Listen Sermon at http://www.thevineyardchurch.us/resources/onlinesermons.htm (God's Rx on Kingdom Faith Aug. 5, 2007)

When Jesus returned to Capernaum, a Roman officer came and pleaded with him, “Lord, my young servant lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.” Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.” But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, “Go,” and they go, or “Come,” and they come. And if I say to my slaves, “Do this,” they do it.” When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, “I tell you the truth, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel! And I tell you this, that many Gentiles will come from all over the world – from east and west – and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the feast in the Kingdom of Heaven. But many Israelites – those for whom the Kingdom was prepared – will be thrown into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Then Jesus said to the Roman officer, “Go back home. Because you believed, it has happened.” And the young servant was healed that same hour. -- Matthew 8:5-13

Then Jesus left Galilee and went north to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Gentile woman who lived there came to him, pleading, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! For my daughter is possessed by a demon that torments her severely.” But Jesus gave her no reply, not even a word. Then his disciples urged him to send her away. “Tell her to go away.” They said. “She is bothering us with all her begging.” Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep – the people of Israel.” But she came and worshipped him, pleading again, “Lord, help me!” Jesus responded, “It isn’t right to take food from the children and throw it to the dogs.” She replied, “That’s true, Lord, but even dogs are allowed to eat the scraps that fall beneath their masters’ table.” “Dear woman,” Jesus said to her, “your faith is great. Your request is granted.” And her daughter was instantly healed. -- Matthew 15:21-28


The two stories above have shown how trusting they are to our Father. The Roman officer believe in Jesus so much that He knows without a doubt Jesus can and will heal his servant. The poor Gentile woman has been rejected not only once, or twice but THREE TIMES before Jesus granted her request. However, she never stopped believing and trying. She knows our Father has grace and mercy and she knows her daughter can be healed.

收進你的MyShare個人書籤AddThis Social Bookmark Button
tag: 基督教, 上帝, 天國, 信仰